Today, no comprehensive cross-sector study on offshore grid planning and integration in the Baltic Sea region exists, although the need for increased international coordination and interconnectors between national energy markets is prioritized by the EU, BASREC and national governments.
The Baltic Grid Forum is a platform for stakeholder engagement. At the occasion of country workshops, sector specific conferences and public events, the Forum will build a regional expert network for offshore wind grid development, and ensure the relevance and practical application of the research focus and findings of the Baltic Grid Concept.
The Baltic Grid Concept will set out the framework conditions for the successful development of an integrated offshore wind infrastructure in the Baltic Sea region through international interdisciplinary research and analysis. The Concept will serve as a point of reference for regional stakeholders.
Two in-depth prefeasibility studies will be carried out: The first includes Poland and Sweden, with the possibility to extend to Lithuania and Germany. The second case study includes Germany and Denmark. The studies also investigate a South Baltic transmission „grid ring”: building additional on- and offshore connections between the South Baltic countries.
- Technical University of Denmark
- Aarhus University
- Institut für Klimaschutz, Energie und Mobilität
- German Offshore Wind Energy Foundation
- Deutsche WindGuard
- Rostock Business and Technology Development
- University of Tartu
- Aalto University, Department of Real Estate, Planning and Geoinformatics
- Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments
- Klaipeda University Coastal Research and Planning Institute (CORPI)
- Foundation for Sustainable Energy
- Maritime Institute in Gdansk
- Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden
- Lund University
- The Danish Energy Association
- The Danish Wind Industry Association
- Siemens AG
- Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz, Bau und Reaktorsicherheit (BMUB)
- Ministerium für Energie, Infrastruktur und Landesentwicklung Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- 50Hertz Transmission GmbH
- Ecologic Institut
- Kisters AG
- Becker Büttner Held
- Elering-generating opportunities
- Finnish Wind Power Association
- Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia
- The Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania
- Litgrid AB
- Inwestycje Infrastrukturalne Sp. Z O.O
- Maritime Office in Gdynia- PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A.
- Polish Offshore Industry Association
- PSE S.A. Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne
- Baltex Energia i Górnictwo Morskie SA
Supply Chain Analysis of the Offshore Wind Energy Transmission Industry: Overview for the Baltic Sea Region Technical Report
Market and supply chain analysis and overview of SME investment opportunities for offshore wind transmission assets in the Baltic Sea Region Technical Report
Qualified overview paper, 2018.
Maritime Spatial Planning and the Baltic Offshore Grid: The Status of Maritime Spatial Planning and the development of grid variants Technical Report
Towards a Baltic Offshore Grid: connecting electricity markets through offshore wind farms Technical Report
Pre-Feasibility Studies report for Polish-Swedish-Lithuanian and German-Swedish-Danish interconnectors integrated with offshore wind farms, 2018.
Institutional Framework for the Development of Offshore Wind Power Projects: Key Aspects for Instrument Choice and Design from an Institutional Economic Perspective Technical Report
Recommendations to the ENTSO-E’s Ten Year Network Development Plan Technical Report
Establishing an offshore meshed grid – Policy and regulatory aspects and barriers in the Baltic Sea Region Technical Report
Baltic InteGrid. 2018.
Impact Mitigation Strategy of the Baltic Offshore Grid Technical Report
European and national offshore wind energy policy in the Baltic Sea Region – A regional status report Technical Report
Baltic InteGrid. 2018.
Finnish Country Report Legal and Policy Framework for Power Transmission and Offshore: Wind Power Generation in Finland Technical Report