IKEM’s Sustainability & Innovation team is now looking to fill a junior event and outreach position, with a communication, business or event management background, starting in September or October 2019.
The Institute for Climate Protection, Energy and Mobility is Germany’s leading institute in the field of climate policy research. We bring together researchers from around the world and different academic disciplines, to address the current topics relating to our areas of research.
Your main responsibility would be events and outreach activities carried out within the Sustainability & Innovation team. Main focus is the annual IKEM Academy; other event support is foreseen in the context of the WindNODE project. Innovative promotion and communication relating to IKEM’s Infographic Energy Transition Coloring Book and other activities will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Coordination of an application for funding for the Academy (English and German)
- Marketing (social media and other platforms), participant recruitment, budget management support and speaker coordination of the IKEM Academy: Energy and Climate 2020
- Coordinating workshops and communication of the award-winning Infographic Energy Transition Coloring Book and EQT: The gender equality toolkit
- You are familiar with MS programs
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are detail-oriented, a fast learner, and willing to step out of comfort zone
- You have the ability to work under pressure and good problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable with working in a creative, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You’re a team player, while also comfortable working independently
- Language: English (fluent) and German (C1/C2)
- Experience in event organization, marketing, and social media
- Experience with WordPress
- Interest in the sustainability field
Please send your application via the form on this page or by email to email@example.com. Please include the following in you application: A letter of motivation, a CV, availability time frame. Please note that we process applications on a rolling basis, so make sure to apply as soon as possible!
If you have any questions about the position or the recruiting process, please contact Ms Sabine Kullman at firstname.lastname@example.org.