On March 15, 2019, the IKEM team co-organized a workshop on tracking financial flows and investment needs for energy and climate change. The workshop was part of our project as well as the project Landscapes of Climate Finance: Promoting debate on climate finance flows in Central Europe , supported by the European Climate Initiative (EUKI) and carried out by the NewClimate Institute, WiseEuropa and I4CE – Institute for Climate Economics.
The aim of the workshop was to establish an exchange on methods for tracking climate finance and some new results of the tracking methodology in France, Germany, the Czech Republic, Latvia and Poland. Furthermore, an introduction to the discussion for the systematic analysis of investment needs, gaps and. Finally, the options for supporting political decisions, such as processes of national energy and climate plans and long-term strategies such as adapting to the Paris Climate Agreement through systematic tracking of national climate finance, were discussed.
- Public Notes
- Session 1 2016 CEIM Germany IKEM
- Session 1 Domestic Climate Investment and Finance-Landscapes
- Session 1 Domestic Landscape of Climate Finance WiseEuropa
- Session 1 Energy and Climate Investment in Czechia CTU
- Session 1 National Climate Finance Tracking CPI NewClimate Institute
- Session 2 From the French national low carbon strategy to investment needs I4CE
- Session 2 How to assess investment needs and gaps in relation to the 2030 climate and energy targets IKEM
- Session 3 Criteria for Paris aligned investing NewClimate Institute
- Session 3 Tracking finance flows in the context of Article 2.1c of the Paris Agreement OECD